If you are a member of the media and are interested in contacting one of our faculty members for a story, please visit publicaffairs.ubc.ca.
For a look at recent news stories that mention members of the UBC community, please visit the UBC News Room.
For assistance in finding a UBC expert for news stories, call the UBC News Line at 604.UBC.NEWS (604.822.6397), 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (PST), Monday-Friday.
- News Contacts: find Public Affairs staff who can assist you in finding a UBC expert for your story.
- Media Releases: view UBC news releases.
- Find UBC Experts: search for a UBC expert who is available to speak to the media on your topic of interest.
- UBC Facts and Figures: general information and statistics about UBC.
- UBC Reports: read the latest news from and about UBC.
- UBC Annual Report: UBC’s yearly report to the community.
- Radio & TV Studios: live television and radio capabilities available for local, national and international broadcast outlets.
Find UBC Experts
Search for a UBC expert to speak to the media on a particular area of research. The UBC Experts Guide is an information source that gives journalists quick and direct access to UBC’s expertise.
UBC News TV / UBC News Radio
UBC is equipped to offer live television interviews to local, national and international broadcast outlets. See Radio & TV Studios for more information.
In summer 2019 the UBC Department of Anthropology offered a six-credit archaeology field school (ARCL 306) in partnership with the Sts’ailes First Nation located 130 km east of Vancouver in the Harrison River Valley. Orientation and lab week began at UBC. During weeks 2-5, students lived in a Sts’ailes family longhouse and participated in an archaeological survey, mapping, and excavation of ancient houses and other features in ancestral villages. Students learned to record, analyze, and preserve archaeological materials as they contributed to the community’s long-term archaeological heritage and cultural awareness program.
Check out some of the work UBC students did last year: